01 Jun 12 Facts You Need to Know When Designing a Website
When you are designing a website there are a few things you should keep in mind to make it the most efficient and effective for your business. If done right it can be a 24 hour sales tool, always on even when you’re asleep!
We have put together 12 facts to help you with your website design decisions.
- People start viewing your website from the top left corner.
- Readers have become accustomed to ignore banners so don’t spend long on making them too fancy!
- Fancy fonts are quite often ignored. It’s better to use clear font for better readability
- Most of the time people read the top of a page. They only scan the bottom parts of a website.
- Short paragraphs work better than long ones to get information across to readers.
- When an ad is placed inside or below an great content, it will get the most views.
- Big pictures attract more attention than small ones.
- Headlines draw attention to important points
- Visitors spend more time looking at menus and buttons than at other parts of your website.
- Lists are better than paragraphs for keeping readers interested
- White space is good! Don’t over crowd pages
- The menu works best when placed in the top part of your website.